Friday, February 28, 2014

Card: Cats Leave Paw Prints On Our Hearts

Today I'm linking my card to the weekly sketch over at My Favorite Things.  I enjoyed working with this sketch because the simplicity of it was perfect for this card.

Losing a pet is so, so, so very hard.  We've lost 4 pets - 2 dogs and 2 cats. Our most recent loss was a beautiful 3-year-old feline named Zephyr who had cancer.  He was one of the lights of my life and I still cry every day even though it's been over 4 months since his passing.  I made this card for friends who recently lost their cat to let them know I was thinking about them and that I understand what they are going through.




Paper and Cardstock
patterned paper - My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing Lavender 6x6
cream and coral cardstock

Stamp
Cat Sympathy - Our Daily Bread Designs

Ink
VersaColor Burgundy - Tsukineko

Additional Supplies
heart brads - Making Memories

1 comment:

Donna Mack said...

What beautiful, thoughtful card. I LOVE how you used hearts to tie in the sentiment on the front!! I love those paw print hearts on the inside!! Those sentiments are WONDERFUL!! This card is absolutely PURRFECT :-)