Sunday, November 13, 2011

Card: Faux Cloisonné

I tried a new technique! It's called faux cloisonné and I used it to make the round medallion.  You can see how to do it in the You Tube video here.  Instead of using black UTEE (like in the video) I used regular embossing powder in copper (you just have to use more coats than the UTEE).  Also, I used die cut Grungeboard  instead of chip board.  A thick coat of Glossy Accents helps to give it more dimension.   It turned out so pretty...I'll be doing this again!  The sketch I used is Mojo Monday 214.




Paper
Gabrielle Collection (Bo Bunny)

Card Stock
Bittersweet (Bazzill)

Stamp (for cloisonné)
Anna Griffin

Silhouette shape
round_doily_C20091012222051_20509 

Additional Supplies
glittered alphabet stickers (My Mind's Eye)
filigree butterfly brad (Bo Bunny)
brown organdy ribbon
Grungeboard (Ranger)
copper embossing powder
Pearl Ex powder 
Glossy Accents (Ranger)

No comments: